When men and women find that they are losing hair, it can cause a lot of distress. Hair is considered to be an important part of one’s appearance. However, there is usually no cause for alarm. By age 50 most people will begin to notice signs of hair loss. This may happen at varying rates for different people depending on factors such as diet, genetics, pollution, stress, and use of harmful hair products.
The good news is that thinning hair can be managed. Healthy people lose close to 100 hairs daily. But this does not result in hair loss because regrowth happens at a rate that replaces the strands lost. People who notice hair loss can manage and even reverse the problem through natural remedies that encourage regrowth and eliminating factors that discourage it. In this article, we’ll look at these factors in detail
Natural Remedies To Heal Hair
There are natural remedies you can use to contain thinning hair and promote the health of the scalp. These remedies include simple dietary changes, supplements, and herbal remedies which have been proven to be effective in addressing baldness. Diet plays an important role in the health of your scalp and follicles. By adopting the healthy nutrient rich diet and avoiding harmful foods you may start noticing significant results within weeks. This, however, depends on the exact cause of your hair loss. An underlying disease may have to be addressed before you notice visible results.
Take Nutrient Rich Foods
Nutritional deficiency is one of the main factors that may be causing your hair to fall off at an increased rate. Minerals such as zinc can stimulate hair re-growth but our modern diet often has low or insufficient amounts of these nutrients. Here are some of the nutrients that you should make a point of including in your diet.
- Foods Rich in Vitamin A: Vitamin A is one of the most important minerals that your body needs for hair growth. It helps keeps your scalp moist which is important in preventing brittle and dry hair which can easily break and fall off. Some of the foods you should incorporate into your diet to avoid vitamin A deficiency include broccoli, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale, carrots, beef liver, and eggs.
- Iron Rich Foods: Iron plays an important role in the production of hemoglobin which helps to carry oxygen to different parts of the body. When your body does not have enough iron, the little that is available is channeled to supporting other vital functions. Scientists are starting to realize that iron deficiency has a much bigger impact on hair loss that doctors previously thought. Luckily loss of hair caused by iron deficiency can be reversed through proper nutrition. Take green leafy vegetables such as kale, lentils, and spinach. Grass fed beef is another great source of iron.
- Vitamin C for Iron Absorption: Vitamin C increases the bioavailability of iron. It is also a great antioxidant that can contain inflammation in the body. You can take a glass of orange juice with cereal rich in iron as a way of facilitating absorption of the mineral.
- Vitamin E Rich Foods: These are groups of fat soluble compounds that protect the cell from oxidation. They also serve an important part in neurological processes and cell signaling. Some of the foods rich in vitamin E include Broccoli, sweet potatoes, mangoes, tomato, spinach, avocado, and asparagus.
- Protein Rich Foods: Besides iron, protein is the other nutrient which is considered to be essential when it comes to hair growth. Protein constitutes approximately 91 percent of a single hair strand. If there isn’t enough protein in your diet, the nutrient will be channeled to other critical functions of the body. If you’ve changed your diet recently, and you noticed that your hair is thinning it’s most probably a result of protein deficiency. You should also consider having wild caught fish like salmon in your diet. It contains sufficient amounts of proteins to promote hair growth. It also contains omega 3 fatty acids which help contain inflammation.
Adopt These Habits for Hair Growth
- Scalp Massage: This is one of the scientifically proven ways you can increase the thickness of your hair. A study on scalp massage showed improved hair thickness that progressed over a 24 month period. The researchers also found that the increase in thickness was not just caused by better circulation, but massaging regularly also stimulates hair follicles. Taking a few minutes to massage your scalp when you wash your hair can reverse hair thinning.
- Reducing Stress: Stress is another factor that can cause hair to thin. Managing stress will also boost your overall health. Practicing meditation, Yoga, and keeping a journal are some of the practical steps you can take to manage your mental health.
- Regular Exercise: Through regular exercise, you can increase blood flow to your scalp. Exercise also helps to balance hormones such as testosterone and estrogen which can have an impact on the health of your hair.
- Cooler Showers: Hot water causes the scalp to dry and fall out. The hotter the water the more prone you are likely to be to hair thinning. Make sure the water is just warm enough and not too hot when washing your hair.
Taking Supplements for Thinning Hair
Taking supplements can help to reduce nutrient deficiency. Ideally, you should get the nutrients from natural food sources such as green leafy vegetables and fish. However, it is not always easy to keep track or ensure that you are getting the required supplements from food sources. It is also important to note that you can overdose on some supplements and vitamins. Vitamin A is essential for hair loss prevention, but too much of it can also cause your hair to thin.
- B-Complex: This is the name given to a group of essential B vitamins which are critical for certain metabolic processes. The eight vitamins are Vitamin B 6, thiamine, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, B7, and B12. One tablet daily should provide enough of the B complex vitamins.
- Omega 3 Supplements: Our bodies cannot synthesize omega 3 fatty acids. Rich food sources of these fatty acids are often absent in modern diets. Omega 3 is known to be one of the most effective agents in fighting inflammation and keeping inflammatory diseases at bay. This anti inflammatory property can also facilitate the opening up of hair follicles to encourage growth. Take one or two tablespoons of fish oil daily.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin contains anti-oxidants that help to promote hair growth. Vitamin C also helps to promote iron absorption in the body. Iron has been identified as one of the vital nutrients necessary for healthy hair growth.
Natural Topical Remedies for Hair Growth
There are a number of topical remedies you can make at home with some of the ingredients being readily available in your kitchen. Here are some of the top remedies.
- Peppermint Oil: peppermint oil has been proven in studies to be effective in helping to encourage hair growth. Peppermint oil increases the length of the hair shaft and encourages the elongation of the follicles.
- Rosemary Oil: Rosemary oil has also been proven to be effective in the treatment of hair loss and thinning. One study compared its efficacy with minoxidil – a common topical remedy -and found it to be just as effective. Rosemary oil also prevented dandruff and itching scalp.
- Spikenard oil: Spikenard oil is also effective in containing and reversing hair loss. One animal study showed that it could boost hair regrowth by up to 30%.
Address Hormonal Imbalance
Hair loss is less frequent in women than in men. This is attributed to the fact that women have higher levels of estrogen that help to cancel out the effects of androgens. However, loss of hair in women is generally attributed to hormonal imbalance. Pregnancy, menopause, certain contraceptives, are some of the factors that can lead to a hormonal imbalance in women.
- Thyroid Disorders: You may experience significant hair loss if you have thyroid issues. Fluctuating thyroid levels causes the scalp to become thinner with time. When this happens hair loss occurs all over the scalp rather than discrete areas. People with thyroid issues can be treated but it could take weeks or months to recover.
- Estrogen: An estrogen imbalance can also cause encourage baldness. Toxins and weight gain are some of the factors that promote estrogen imbalance in the body.
- Insulin: Besides regulating blood sugar insulin affects a number of processes. Women with insulin issues are more prone to female pattern baldness according to studies.
- Birth Control Pill: The pill works on the hormone estrogen and progestin to suppress ovulation. Women who are sensitive to hormonal changes in the body are more likely to experience hair loss. The use of birth control pills with low androgen index can help prevent baldness especially for those women who have a genetic predisposition.
If you believe that hormonal imbalance could be responsible for your hair loss the first step you can take is to get tested. Your doctor can perform several tests to determine if you have any hormonal issues. You may also want to get tested for glucose and iron levels. Eating healthy food can also help to address this imbalance. Foods rich in fiber facilitate the elimination of excess estrogen from the body. Fatty acids help to combat inflammation and promote overall physical and mental health.
Foods to Avoid
There are foods that you should minimize or avoid altogether if you want to avoid baldness or thinning hair. These foods can trigger certain biological processes that can make hair loss treatment less effective.
- Allergens: If you are prone to allergies you need to watch the foods you are taking. These foods encourage increased immune response which attacks hair follicles leading to loss of hair. Watch out for these common culprits which include soy, gluten rich foods, and dairy products.
- Carbonated Drinks: Avoid carbonated drinks as much as possible. Most of these drinks have high amounts of sugar. Too much sugar in the blood stream has been linked to male pattern baldness. Sugar also causes inflammation and triggers hormone imbalance.
- Trans Fats: Trans fats encourage inflammation an hormone imbalance. They can also restrict blood flow and cause the pores to clog. However, it is important to note that good fats are an important part of your diet. Consider replacing trans fats with good natural fats alternatives.
- Processed Foods: One of the most important steps you can take is to quit taking refined sugars and any processed foods. These foods can cause obesity which can lead to high levels of estrogen and inflammation. It is possible to notice a significant change in hair thickness after a few months of staying away from these foods.
- Caffeine: Can cause dehydration which leads to brittle, easy to break hair. It is sometimes responsible for the hormonal imbalance in the body.
- Alcohol: Alcohol taken in moderate quantities is known to have anti-inflammatory effects. However, more than one or two beverages a day can cause the lining of the intestine to allow bacteria into the bloodstream thereby triggering inflammation. It is important to note that while you can take one or two drinks a day, you can’t take seven of them at the end of the week. Binge drinking is also harmful to your health.
Stem Cell Treatment for Thinning Hair
Stem cell treatment is one of the cutting edge technologies that are proving useful in treating a wide range of medical problems. In recent years, the stigma that was associated with embryonic stem cells has subsided. New treatment procedures involve the use of bone marrow and fat cells. Some scientists are using evidence backed methodologies to treat diseases such as COPD, back pain, diabetes, and even erectile dysfunction.
One reason why stem cell therapy is effective for hair loss treatment is that it can address the two main factors that lead to baldness. The first is inflammation which may be as a result of poor diet or illness. Aging and genetics are responsible for the diminishing supply of blood to the scalp. Stem cells encourage angiogenesis which facilitates the growth of new blood vessels and helping to supply blood to the hair follicles.
How does the treatment work? Adult stem cells are derived from fat cells in the body. They are then cultured to optimize them for treatment. The stem cells are then administered on the scalp where they stimulate the action of progenitor cells and follicles. Progenitor cells are simple stem cells that are more specialized. Stem cells and progenitor cells facilitate the growth of new blood vessels and tissue.
Benefits of Stem Cell Treatment
One of the benefits of stem cell therapy is that it addresses the problem at its root. It is the only natural therapy that can reinforce the hair papilla. The hair papilla is the loop that sits at the bottom of the follicle bulb. It has a network of capillaries that feed the follicle with nutrients and nourishes it keeping your hair healthy. The remarkable thing about stem cell therapy is that it can help regenerate hair papillae that become ineffective due to age, toxins, disease or genetic factors.
Another notable advantage of this form of treatment is that it is not invasive. Recent developments in scientific research have allowed scientists to use Adult Stem Cells from fat tissues. The process involves retrieving a few cells from the fat tissues in your abdomen. A very small incision is made and the procedure takes less than half an hour then the patient is free to go home. Later a viable treatment is prepared before being applied to the affected area after a few hours.
Stem cell treatment is less intrusive than some cosmetic procedures like grafting and transplants. It has virtually no downtime so you can go back to handling your day to day activities. It does not involve surgery or general anesthesia.
NSI Stem Cell is one of the pioneers of stem cell therapy. They have a comprehensive program that includes stem cell therapy which has proven to be effective in addressing both short term and long term hair loss. Adult stem cells are used instead of embryonic cells. Since they are derived from your own fat cells, there is minimal chance of rejection. They have a more predictable pattern of behavior which makes them more effective in therapies and treatment programs.
Before You Treat Thinning Hair
Before you try any natural remedies, it is advisable to first establish the cause before taking any further steps. Establishing the root cause of the problem will help you find a viable solution faster. Visit your doctor for tests if you think you have certain nutrient deficiencies or medical problems such as insulin resistance or an autoimmune condition. Your doctor can perform clinical tests to determine if hair loss is caused by any of these issues.
Even if you choose to go for a natural and effective treatment like stem cell therapy, you’ll still need to watch what you eat and stay fit and healthy for the best results. Take a balanced diet rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and protein.
What to Look for in a Stem Cell Medical Clinic
When searching for a qualified stem cell therapy center it’s important to remember that not all of them are created equal. Stem cells, when used properly, are your body’s most powerful means for healing that can repair everything from ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to organs including your liver, pancreas and lungs and even neurological tissue like your brain, nerves and spinal cord.
Unfortunately, the majority of so-called “regenerative medicine clinics” in the world aren’t trained in the latest, most technologically advanced procedures and will, therefore, provide poor results if any.
The good news is the National Stem Cell Institute (NSI) has established the most advanced stem cell and platelet rich plasma procedures on the planet which has drawn patients from all over the world as well as professional athletes and celebrities because they are recognized as the best in the world at stem cell therapy.
What makes NSI Stem Cell the top stem cell clinic in the world is demonstrated in 5 key areas:
1. Highly trained and experienced, board-certified doctors and team members who have performed stem cell procedures on thousands of patients with incredible results.
2. Cutting edge procedures utilizing all that regenerative medicine has to offer for many chronic degenerative conditions.
3. Leading scientific researchers who follow the advanced guidelines to maximize the healing potential of your stem cells and to maintain compliance and ethics
4. Use of only the most potent and viable resource of living, viable stem cells and harvested on the same day. No vial that you can purchase will contain living stem cells. If there is no harvest then there are no stem cells.
5. Post-operative guidance for supporting stem-cell growth including rehabilitation, diet and supplement protocols. NSI is a full-service healthcare center focused on patient outcomes. Stem cell therapy is only one tool used to help improve patients’ lives.
Patients have raved about their experience at NSI Stem Cell Clinics testifying that it was their unique cutting-edge procedures that helped them experience a breakthrough when nothing else worked.
If you want to learn more about NSI Stem Cell Clinics, you can set up a complimentary consultation today to see if you are a candidate. You can contact the National Stem Cell Institute at (877) 278-3623.
* Disclaimer: Individual patient results may vary. As each patient’s problem is different, each treatment must be tailored around your specific needs.