As reported by ESPN and in a Los Angeles Daily News article by sports writer Joey Kaufman, Angels’ pitcher Garrett Richards has elected stem cell therapy for the tear in his ulnar collateral ligament over a surgical procedure known as “Tommy John,” a method that requires the removal of a tendon from elsewhere in the body to replace the damaged ligament in the elbow. The stem cell sports medicine field is finding firm footing among professional athletes.*
Angels manager Mike Scioscia said, “I don’t think you want to jump into any kind of surgery, let alone a surgery of the magnitude of a Tommy John procedure. I think, for Garrett’s interests, it’s best to take this course.”
According to Scioscia , Richards consulted with numerous players and doctors, and determined that stem cell elbow therapy was the best choice.* Tommy John surgery has a recovery time of as long as a year or more, compared to stem cell elbow therapy which has the potential to have Richards back on the mound in approximately six weeks.* Over the past several years, the stem cell sports medicine field has grown.
Richards received the stem cell elbow treatment on May 16th. Having experienced no adverse reactions, Richards is reported to be optimistic. Scioscia said, “Really he doesn’t have many symptoms at all, so I know that he’s confident that he’ll heal with this course of action.”
Stem Cell Sports Medicine Gaining Ground
Stem cell sports medicine is gaining ground throughout the sports world, including soccer, tennis and baseball. The success of stem cell therapy, such as in the case of former Angels pitcher Bartolo Colon in 2010, is making sports medicine experts rethink surgery as the first resort in career-threatening sports injuries.*
Functional rehabilitation therapies like stem cell elbow treatment are among those most often sought by athletes with severe joint injuries to the shoulder, knee, elbow, ankle or hip.* This alternative to going under the knife is becoming the first choice for many sports professionals.
Among the reasons that stem cell sports medicine is becoming popular with sports medicine professionals is that stem cell therapy is minimally invasive. It uses of the patient’s own adult stem cells, a method that virtually eradicates any chance of the patient’s body rejecting the treatment. Technically speaking the stem cells are Adipose-derived, which means the stem cells are extracted from the patient’s own fat stores. Adipose-derived stem cells are multi-potent, meaning they possess the ability to become whatever body tissue is needed to make the repair: muscle, tendons, ligaments, bone or cartilage.
What to Look for in a Stem Cell Medical Clinic
When searching for a qualified stem cell therapy center it’s important to remember that not all of them are created equal. Stem cells, when used properly, are your body’s most powerful means for healing that can repair everything from ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to organs including your liver, pancreas and lungs and even neurological tissue like your brain, nerves and spinal cord.
Unfortunately, the majority of so-called “regenerative medicine clinics” in the world aren’t trained in the latest, most technologically advanced procedures and will, therefore, provide poor results if any.
The good news is the National Stem Cell Institute (NSI) has established the most advanced stem cell and platelet rich plasma procedures on the planet which has drawn patients from all over the world as well as professional athletes and celebrities because they are recognized as the best in the world at stem cell therapy.
What makes NSI Stem Cell the top stem cell clinic in the world is demonstrated in 5 key areas:
1. Highly trained and experienced, board-certified doctors and team members who have performed stem cell procedures on thousands of patients with incredible results.
2. Cutting edge procedures utilizing all that regenerative medicine has to offer for many chronic degenerative conditions.
3. Leading scientific researchers who follow the advanced guidelines to maximize the healing potential of your stem cells and to maintain compliance and ethics
4. Use of only the most potent and viable resource of living, viable stem cells and harvested on the same day. No vial that you can purchase will contain living stem cells. If there is no harvest then there are no stem cells.
5. Post-operative guidance for supporting stem-cell growth including rehabilitation, diet and supplement protocols. NSI is a full-service healthcare center focused on patient outcomes. Stem cell therapy is only one tool used to help improve patients’ lives.
Patients have raved about their experience at NSI Stem Cell Clinics testifying that it was their unique cutting-edge procedures that helped them experience a breakthrough when nothing else worked.
If you want to learn more about NSI Stem Cell Clinics, you can set up a complimentary consultation today to see if you are a candidate. You can contact the National Stem Cell Institute at (877) 278-3623.
* Disclaimer: Individual patient results may vary. As each patient’s problem is different, each treatment must be tailored around your specific needs.