Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is the name of an advanced, progressive lung disease. As the disease progresses and worsens, it becomes more and more difficult to breathe both in and out. According to the American Lung Association, it is estimated that over 11 million people in the United States are currently diagnosed with COPD; a staggering estimated 24 million people might have the disease and not yet been diagnosed or begun treatments. These figures make Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease a major disease that has a tremendous impact on the quality of life for millions each year. This is why the focus on developing new COPD treatment using stem cells is so strong and so vital. This is why we here at NSI Stem Cell are so passionate about offering quality COPD stem cell treatments in Florida.
Types of COPD
The two main types of this disease are classified as either chronic bronchitis or as emphysema. Many people who have advanced cases of the disease have a combination of both. COPD affects the lungs and air passages and causes one or more the following affects:
- The air sacs in the lungs become tough and stiff and lose their soft elasticity
- The small air sacks in the lungs are damaged so oxygen can’t be absorbed
- The walls of the airways become irritated, swollen, infected, or scared
- The airways get strangled with mucus which can cause choking or gagging
These changes in the lungs reduce the amount of air that can come in and go out of the lungs and this deletes oxygen levels throughout the body which can have devastating effects on organs, especially the heart and brain. Unfortunately, right now there is still no cure for COPD and modern medicine only has treatments that are aimed at helping reduce symptoms and slow the progression of the disease. However, there’s a great deal of research being done and promising research that shows the application of human stem cells can help treat people with this type of lung disease. COPD treatments using stem cells is the most current of all the modern focuses for research and development, and one of the best places to find COPD stem cell treatments is in Florida.*
Stem Cells 101
Stem cells are a naturally occurring cell that is essential to every organism and every living thing. These highly specialized cells share three main characteristics:
- They can make duplicates of themselves through the process of cell division.
- When they are first formed stem cells are basic cellular structures; they have a very unique ability in that they can grow into other cells. Stem cells can differentiate and become any other type of cell found within the body.
- Stem cells can be harvested from one area of the body and then transplanted into another part of the body where they will still divide and replicate.
Stem cells were first discovered in developing human embryos and while they were a revolutionary discovery in terms of options for re-growing cells and tissue, they were however very controversial. This was due to the fact that a viable developing embryo had to be destroyed in order to harvest the cells. Over time and with continued research it was discovered that there were other ways to get stem cells for medical use that were not as controversial. Some stem cells can be found in certain tissues of the body such as fat, skin, blood, and bone. They’re dormant in the adult body until there is a need for them to grow and differentiate- an illness or injury for example.
Stem cells are what helps the body heal. When you cut yourself, tissue cells are destroyed and damaged. The body will heal itself and form new skin, muscle, and blood vessels and it is the stem cells that make this process possible. Thanks to the continued research and development experts are able to extract stem cells from the body and separated out from other cells to make a concentrated slurry of powerful stem cells.* They’re then inserted into areas of the body that have been injured or that need regeneration. This includes COPD treatments using stem cells to help heal damaged lung tissue*. COPD stem cell treatments in Florida is one of the most talked about options for new ways to deal with even advanced cases of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.*
Stem Cells in the Lung
Until recently, it was thought that the lungs did not contain any stem cells. This changed with studies conducted in 2011 that showed the presence of stem cells in the lungs of adult test subjects and in the donated lungs of miscarried fetus. These undifferentiated cells were discovered in every test conducted and they were shown to be capable of differentiating into different parts of the lungs- including the highly critical air sacks and lining of the lungs*. When injected into mice with surgically damaged lungs, the stem cells divided to form new lung structures and restore almost all normal lung function. The unique features and structures that the stem cells created combine with the naturally occurring tissue cells and structures. This is very promising for the COPD stem cell treatments in Florida that are becoming more and more popular among patients with all stages of the disease.*
COPD and Stem Cell Treatments
Since the presence of stem cells is still fairly new and the applicant of stem cell treatments for lung conditions is still very much in its infancy, there is much to learn and much more research needed to maximize this new application of human stem cells. The future looks promising and stem cell therapy is being seen as a promising new option when it comes to even better COPD treatment options.* It is believed that stem cells will help improve the quality of life for those with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease by:*
- reducing the levels of inflammation in the lungs and airways, which is thought to possibly be influential is speeding healing and even in preventing further damage
- building new cell structures for healthy tissue, which can replace the dead cells and damaged tissue in the lungs, thus improving lung functions
- stimulating the growth of new air sacs and capillaries, so more oxygen can be taken into the lungs, absorbed into the blood, and delivered throughout the body
Much research is still needed to better understand stem cells in general and their use and application for lung health and treatments; however, the future looks promising and already treatments are being developed and used to help lessen the severity of COPD symptoms and to even help restore some of the lost lung functions in patients.* COPD treatments using stem cells is one of the leading focuses for NSI Stem Cell Centers and we are proud to be known as leaders in new COPD stem cell treatments in Florida. We still have much to learn but so far stem cell applications are proving very promising, and one day they may even open that elusive door to finding a cure for COPD.
What to Look for in a Stem Cell Medical Clinic
When searching for a qualified stem cell therapy center it’s important to remember that not all of them are created equal. Stem cells, when used properly, are your body’s most powerful means for healing that can repair everything from ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to organs including your liver, pancreas and lungs and even neurological tissue like your brain, nerves and spinal cord.
Unfortunately, the majority of so-called “regenerative medicine clinics” in the world aren’t trained in the latest, most technologically advanced procedures and will, therefore, provide poor results if any.
The good news is the National Stem Cell Institute (NSI) has established the most advanced stem cell and platelet rich plasma procedures on the planet which has drawn patients from all over the world as well as professional athletes and celebrities because they are recognized as the best in the world at stem cell therapy.
What makes NSI Stem Cell the top stem cell clinic in the world is demonstrated in 5 key areas:
1. Highly trained and experienced, board-certified doctors and team members who have performed stem cell procedures on thousands of patients with incredible results.
2. Cutting edge procedures utilizing all that regenerative medicine has to offer for many chronic degenerative conditions.
3. Leading scientific researchers who follow the advanced guidelines to maximize the healing potential of your stem cells and to maintain compliance and ethics
4. Use of only the most potent and viable resource of living, viable stem cells and harvested on the same day. No vial that you can purchase will contain living stem cells. If there is no harvest then there are no stem cells.
5. Post-operative guidance for supporting stem-cell growth including rehabilitation, diet and supplement protocols. NSI is a full-service healthcare center focused on patient outcomes. Stem cell therapy is only one tool used to help improve patients’ lives.
Patients have raved about their experience at NSI Stem Cell Clinics testifying that it was their unique cutting-edge procedures that helped them experience a breakthrough when nothing else worked.
If you want to learn more about NSI Stem Cell Clinics, you can set up a complimentary consultation today to see if you are a candidate. You can contact the National Stem Cell Institute at (877) 278-3623.
* Disclaimer: Individual patient results may vary. As each patient’s problem is different, each treatment must be tailored around your specific needs.