Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo to Have Stem Cell Treatment for Knees
An April 2016 article by Matt Heath-Smith that appeared on the website of the British news tabloid The Sun notes that footballer forward for Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo is scheduled to receive a stem cell treatment for knees for his own injured knee. He aims to be ready for the semi-final against Manchester City.
Ronaldo, 31, likely injured the knee during the match against Villarreal. Real Madrid initially reported the injury as a leg cramp, but a CT scan later confirmed a tear.
Ronaldo will have the same knee stem cell treatment as Rafael Nadal did in 2014 for his own knee condition. After the treatment Nadal reported a total absence of knee pain, something he hadn’t experienced in over two years prior to the therapy*. Ronaldo hopes to enjoy the same results.
How Stem Cell Treatment for Knees Works
A sample of healthy stem cells recovered from Ronaldo’s own blood or bone marrow will be injected into the injured area. This aids in regeneration and recovery. This is the hallmark therapy procedure wherein the patient’s own stem cells are derived from the patient’s fats, cell and bone marrow. Once processed and injected back into the injured area (in Ronaldo’s case, the knee), the stem cells will go to work repairing, rebuilding and strengthening the damaged tissue.
As with all stem cell therapies, stem cell treatment for knees is non-surgical. The out-patient procedure in done within a day and has become a viable alternative to artificial joint replacement or knee surgery. Those undergoing this therapy can return to normal daily activities after the procedure. There is no painful, lengthy recovery time with stem cell therapy, and patients are far less vulnerable to the risks associated with surgical procedures like blood clots or infection.
Stem cell therapy and platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatments are used on a variety of knee ailments and injuries. *From meniscus tears to ligament sprains to osteoarthritis, stem cell and PRP therapies are being used with remarkable results. *Even in the case where little to no cartilage is left within the knee, improvement has been gained from the procedures.*
The patient’s age isn’t a barrier in stem cell therapy, either. For young or old, athlete or couch potato, knee stem cell treatments and PRP therapy are safe, non invasive and offer a better alternative to weeks of painful recovery.
Only time will tell how effective Ronaldo’s knee stem cell therapy will be, but all indicators point to a successful result.
What to Look for in a Stem Cell Medical Clinic
When searching for a qualified stem cell therapy center it’s important to remember that not all of them are created equal. Stem cells, when used properly, are your body’s most powerful means for healing that can repair everything from ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to organs including your liver, pancreas and lungs and even neurological tissue like your brain, nerves and spinal cord.
Unfortunately, the majority of so-called “regenerative medicine clinics” in the world aren’t trained in the latest, most technologically advanced procedures and will, therefore, provide poor results if any.
The good news is the National Stem Cell Institute (NSI) has established the most advanced stem cell and platelet rich plasma procedures on the planet which has drawn patients from all over the world as well as professional athletes and celebrities because they are recognized as the best in the world at stem cell therapy.
What makes NSI Stem Cell the top stem cell clinic in the world is demonstrated in 5 key areas:
1. Highly trained and experienced, board-certified doctors and team members who have performed stem cell procedures on thousands of patients with incredible results.
2. Cutting edge procedures utilizing all that regenerative medicine has to offer for many chronic degenerative conditions.
3. Leading scientific researchers who follow the advanced guidelines to maximize the healing potential of your stem cells and to maintain compliance and ethics
4. Use of only the most potent and viable resource of living, viable stem cells and harvested on the same day. No vial that you can purchase will contain living stem cells. If there is no harvest then there are no stem cells.
5. Post-operative guidance for supporting stem-cell growth including rehabilitation, diet and supplement protocols. NSI is a full-service healthcare center focused on patient outcomes. Stem cell therapy is only one tool used to help improve patients’ lives.
Patients have raved about their experience at NSI Stem Cell Clinics testifying that it was their unique cutting-edge procedures that helped them experience a breakthrough when nothing else worked.
If you want to learn more about NSI Stem Cell Clinics, you can set up a complimentary consultation today to see if you are a candidate. You can contact the National Stem Cell Institute at (877) 278-3623.
* Disclaimer: Individual patient results may vary. As each patient’s problem is different, each treatment must be tailored around your specific needs.